Old August 17th 17, 12:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WaltWX[_2_]

Default GlidePlan reviews

On agree with P3's analysis. I use it before flying at a contest site making up colored waypoints for: 1) TPs and waypoints (red for unlandable) 2) marginal landing sites (yellow) 3) airports or sound good landing sites (green). Fiddling with Glideplan to make all this happen is far from intuitive. In fact, it takes me awhile experimenting a bit to make this all work. It doesn't help that I last used the program a year or two before.

But, the software is sound... and works well enough. Lynn Alley makes up sectionals and custom maps that work in Glidplan.

I don't know of any easier way to mark up maps. I used to do it with marker pens drawing circles around waypoints and labeling them. Glideplan is easier. Just don't plan on making up your maps in the last hour before leaving for a contest the next day.

As far as printing it... I just take it to a Kinkos/Fedex down the street; print out 8x10's and use their paper cutters to paste it together... then laminate it with translucent shelf paper.

All told... it probably takes 4-6 hours with all the fiddling and running around.

Walt Rogers WX

P3