Old March 21st 18, 07:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter Whitehead

Default Recommendations for cataract surgery lenses for flying

The thread was regarding the possibility of using multi-focal INTRA-Ocular lenses at cataract surgery, not contact lenses.
I would suggest looking at the website www.allaboutvision.com and choose 'multifocal IOL's' to learn a bit more.
I am a family doctor, not an ophthalmologist, but as a glider pilot flying in the same sky as you, maybe one day, I might prefer that you opt for single focus lenses for distance vision. My understanding is that the clarity of distance vision is less good with multi-focal IOL's.
Good luck with your choice.