Old March 21st 18, 02:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Retting

Default Recommendations for cataract surgery lenses for flying

J Fitch was making a good suggestion to try multi-focal contacts BEFORE going under the knife. I tried multi-focal contacts and opted for mono-focal. I found the multi to be problematic, distracting. Distance vision field reduce. Flying Boeings and racing gliders, I wear tri-focals sunglasses ....Plano/1.0/2.0. 1.0 for the panel and 2.0 for the charts. Plano is no correction on top half of lense.
When I have cataract surgery, I will go with mono for the best possible distance vision. Since I always wear sunglasses, let those handle the ‘close in, reading’ issues.
Cheers,