Old December 31st 18, 02:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

Default Tow Immunity Syndrome

Yes, I agree, I fly both ends of the rope. My complaint is that most glider gods are not ready to launch when the tow plane gets ready for the hookup. Some as you say are busy fiddling around with their fancy computers and other gadgets. My favorite tow pilot was a guy named Bill Harris from Miami. If you weren't ready he would find time to go grab a lunch and take his time about getting you in the air. After the glider gods caught on to his disdain it wasn't long before the Glider Gods were ready for takeoff when the towplane arrived.