Old February 22nd 19, 05:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim Meade

Default CNv ADC Connections Question

I seek info on the connections between the ClearNavII display and the CNv ADC plug.

The plug has 10 sockets. 1/2 speaker, 3/4 spoiler/gear, 5/6 spoiler/gear, 7/8 spoiler/gear/OAT, 9/10 Ground & power. The 3 center pairs are configurable.

I am using 7/8 for OAT. 3/4 and 5/6 are therefore available for spoiler and gear warning connections.

3/4 in my CNv is occupied by wires that seem to go to the CNII. When I remove them and insert spoiler wires, I lose the ADC function of the CNv.

My understanding is that 3/4 are not used for other than the book stated purpose. I am unable to find out what is using 3/4 and how I can get that free and still retain the function of whatever the present wire provide.

Question - do you have a CNv with the 3/4 wires to the ADC socket populated by something other than spoiler/gear circuits, and if so can you tell me what those unknown wires do?