Old February 22nd 19, 01:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

Default CNv ADC Connections Question

On Friday, February 22, 2019 at 12:36:13 AM UTC-5, Jim Meade wrote:
I seek info on the connections between the ClearNavII display and the CNv ADC plug.

The plug has 10 sockets. 1/2 speaker, 3/4 spoiler/gear, 5/6 spoiler/gear, 7/8 spoiler/gear/OAT, 9/10 Ground & power. The 3 center pairs are configurable.

I am using 7/8 for OAT. 3/4 and 5/6 are therefore available for spoiler and gear warning connections.

3/4 in my CNv is occupied by wires that seem to go to the CNII. When I remove them and insert spoiler wires, I lose the ADC function of the CNv.

My understanding is that 3/4 are not used for other than the book stated purpose. I am unable to find out what is using 3/4 and how I can get that free and still retain the function of whatever the present wire provide.

Question - do you have a CNv with the 3/4 wires to the ADC socket populated by something other than spoiler/gear circuits, and if so can you tell me what those unknown wires do?

Communication between CNv and CNII happens on the serial port (phone jack connections). No idea what you have on 3 & 4. Seems unlikely that this would be related to ADC problem. ADC problem: call CNi.

best,
Evan Ludeman