Old April 10th 10, 06:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default FAA grounds taunting banner plane

Jim Logajan wrote:
The FAA sent inspectors to check on a plane that towed a taunting banner
and claimed it had a seatbelt issue, grounding it:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100409/...s_banner_plane

I'm glad to see that the FAA doesn't abuse their police powers when asked
by the rich and politically connected to go find something, anything, to
silence unwelcome but free speech, however one may disagree with it. I'm
glad that didn't happen here.

And kudos to the person on the ground who managed to see a problem with a
seatbelt on the airplane (good eye!) and alerted the FAA to the unsafe
condition. I'm sure the FAA inspectors had a specific reason to inspect the
plane other than it carried a taunting banner.

I'm sure the FAA would have been equally diligent to complaints of unsafe
airplanes towing banners saying something like "Eat at Joe's".

I was glad to see that this story made it on TMZ, complete with some
speculation as to the government having money on the outcome of the Masters.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.