Old December 19th 12, 02:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim[_32_]

Default adding speed/vario switch into ASW-19 control stick grip

On Wednesday, December 19, 2012 8:28:36 AM UTC-5, Kimmo Hytoenen wrote:
I am updating the variometer system in our club ASW-19b. I would

like to add speed/vario switch into the stick handle. Any ideas,

advice and suggestion for components welcome!

Sometimes it is easiest to just run the wire up the outside of the stick and wrap them and the switch with tennis racket grip tape. The switch stays in place quite well and is offset just a bit off center (next to the PTT) when wrapped to the side of the grip at the top; leave just switch handle xposed. the I found the "Wilson Kontrol" tape works great, has no goo, and has a great feel. http://www.ebay.com/itm/150931676320