Old October 11th 04, 07:40 PM
BeaglePig

"BeaglePig" wrote in message
"W P Dixon" wrote in
:

Thanks for the info, I was considering getting the plans
myself....I won't now.

Don't make a judgement based on one person's internet posted opinion.
If you were interested before, join the "cheapaircraft" yahoo group,
and "Fly5k" yahoo group at groups.yahoo.com. Much discussion on both
lists about this plane, enough to "cut though the chaff" so to speak.

BeaglePig

Well Beagle I do know what you are saying..but look at it this way. If
one person told you he went into a store and spent 45 bucks for
something and then the store would not give the item to him and kept
his money...I bet you would think reallllllly hard before giving away
45 bucks yourself, right? Not to mention here on the net it is very
very easy to rip people off. So you must take even one bad example of
a internet company pretty serious. I would be more than happy to hear
from happy customers as well though. I do like the little ultralight.
I don't know of anyone who has built it in my neck of the woods, so
what comes out on the net is all I have to go by.

Patrick

Yup, but it's also real easy for ONE idiot to slander someone after he
had a bad experience not the falt of the business in question.

Now, the following may be contrary to the opinion you may have thought I
had but after researching this plane myself, (more than just one post
from one guy though grin) I decided like you not to order plans.

Many discussions on the above groups mention plans paid for and not
delivered (didn't seem like fraud as much as poor business practices);
and my biggest concern was that no one could site a copy of the plane
currently flying and many folks had started to build one, even got to
the taxi testing phase, then decided it was too unsafe to fly and
scrapped the whole project. The consensus is the designers plane flew
once or twice and may or may not have wrecked but is not now currently
flying.

So, my motivations to getting you to dig a bit deaper were perhaps
opposite of what some people might think grin.

Still all hearsay. I've never actually met any of these people, but
enough info for this aviation newbie to look elsewhere...

Happy Building!!

BeaglePig