Old October 12th 04, 02:44 AM
Anthony

"BeaglePig" wrote in message

Yup, but it's also real easy for ONE idiot to slander someone after he
had a bad experience not the falt of the business in question.

Now, the following may be contrary to the opinion you may have thought I
had but after researching this plane myself, (more than just one post
from one guy though grin) I decided like you not to order plans.

Many discussions on the above groups mention plans paid for and not
delivered (didn't seem like fraud as much as poor business practices);
and my biggest concern was that no one could site a copy of the plane
currently flying and many folks had started to build one, even got to
the taxi testing phase, then decided it was too unsafe to fly and
scrapped the whole project. The consensus is the designers plane flew
once or twice and may or may not have wrecked but is not now currently
flying.

So, my motivations to getting you to dig a bit deaper were perhaps
opposite of what some people might think grin.

Still all hearsay. I've never actually met any of these people, but
enough info for this aviation newbie to look elsewhere...

Happy Building!!

BeaglePig

I made the comment in a news group in regards to the affordaplane that I
thought it was disreputable at best to sell plans for a plane that has never
flown. The next day I got an eMail from Edwards saying that he was suing me
for libel. I told him to "F*** off and die" then added him to my twit
filter. I haven't heard from him since.

I've since heard from a couple people that were building these POS's and
they wouldn't get off the ground with the recommended 25hp engine and with a
bigger engine they are over the weight limit. Once flying they were a real
pig. Poor performance for the power and very sluggish handling.

Ragwing Aviation has pretty crappy customer service too but the airplanes
have all flown and have a pretty good reputation. If I were going the UL
route, I would probably build a RA plane.

Regardless of what you decide to build, do your homework thoroughly. I hate
to use a cliché, bur hast makes waste.

Tony