Old September 9th 06, 04:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Sea Wings pin?

xxx wrote:
That reminds me that I haven't received mine at all yet, neither the
right (sea) wings nor the wrong (regular) wings. It's been six weeks
since I sent it in. Should it take that long? I also did sea wings at
Norcal and sent the paperwork in to the Van Nuys FSDO.

Sometimes we like to complain about FAA and FSDO offices (and upon rare
occassion, justifiably), but my personal experience hasn't been
negative.

I once dropped off my supposedly completed Wings card at the FSDO at
San Antonio, TX. The problem was, I forgot to fill out the other side
with some rather important stuff, such as my name and address. There
was nothing on the card to indicate who I was!!!! The FSDO officer was
about to toss it, but he recognized the instructor's signature, who was
also a CAP pilot. He called the instructor and asked if he'd signed a
Wings card for some clown who might forget to put his name on it. I
was a prime suspect. I received a phone call, and went to the office
to fill out the card and get the Wings.

It's been a while, and I can't remember the names, but thanks to you
both. I've now completed Phase 7. It's only taken a couple or three
weeks to get the pins in the mail, from two different offices.