Old May 24th 07, 10:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Default Oil in cylinder, other cylinder issues

On May 24, 4:03 am, wrote:
On 23 May 2007 08:09:20 -0700, "Robert M. Gary"
wrote:
Please bear in mind that one of the two piston pin plugs on each
piston pin is going to be in contact with the cylinder wall during
normal operations.

The lab analysis is relative. They show my AL vs. other IO-360's and
mine has been 2-10 times higher than all others for the last 3 years.

Again, the piston pin plug is a relatively soft alloy, it may transfer
to the cylinder wall like a crayon, but it is not going to disturb the
material of the cylinder wall.

That's why I ignored the issue for the first 3 year. Now that we're
making harder metals the thinking is that pin plug is gone and harder
metals are rubbing.

-Robert