Old December 8th 03, 11:34 PM
John Galloway

Mark,

Thanks. Sounds worthy of a trial.

John Galloway

At 21:24 08 December 2003, Mark James Boyd wrote:
What is a wiffle ball made of and what size is it and
how long do they last on the end of tow ropes?

John Galloway

It's a little hollow plastic ball about the size of

an orange or softball which has a bunch of holes
through it to make it even less aerodynamic. Kids
buy them with a plastic bat and can hit the ball as
hard
as they want and it only goes about 5 feet (that's
about 1.6 meters for you international chaps).

Buy a set for your kids, and when they get tired of
it, cut the balls in half and put them on the end of
the tow rope. The bat is useless for the tow
pilot, but I've seen instructors use them to help
improve student progress ;-P

They last I dunno, maybe hundreds of tows? I guess
it depends on cement vs. dirt runways...