Old July 26th 05, 01:55 PM

Vaughn wrote: I have learned a lot about giving glider rides by simply
hanging back and
listening to my passengers talk to their families & friends after a
flight.
What do they talk about? Things that are everyday for you might be
life-defining moment for someone else; something as simple as steering
the
glider around a cloud, or flying in formation with a bird

Vaughn,
That's an excellent suggestion! I've been fortunate enough to have
given some rides to late 80's early 90's year old customers, and the
excitement from the family watching, and the passenger themselves has
been a real learning experience. I'll pay more attention to the
comments in the future.

Thanks again for all the replies, I definately picked up some
techniques that I'll try this weekend. I've been asking if they've
ever flown in a small plane or been in a sailboat....I didn't think
about comparing it to a bicycle ride.

Douglas