Old February 24th 06, 07:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Another one down near DC yesterday

Actually, Jay, I think this is the same report, of a 172 down at W00
(Freeway).

Cheers,
Wiz.

Jay Masino wrote:
Wiz wrote:
I hate to keep posting these, but it helps us to be aware of such
things. Here's the link to a Washington Post story about a Cessna with
three souls aboard that went down attempting to land in poor
visibility, after being warned by unicom about the conditions.
Yesterday was a bad day, with this and the loss of the Columbia 400
near Stafford.

This is actually the third plane down near DC. The Columbia 400 was the
second. The first was a 172 down at Freeway airport (my old homebase).
Two killed, one injured during heavy snow showers and low clouds.

--- Jay

--
__!__
Jay and Teresa Masino ___(_)___