Old November 1st 06, 03:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default "Guilty" of Flying the Wrong Pattern?

Jay Beckman writes:

If they choose to not follow through with the expansion, I hope someone
shows the NIMBY crowd the balance sheet from the Glendale Airport on the
Monday after the SuperBowl slated for the new Cardinals stadium in Feb of
'08. Glendale (and Goodyear) are gonna make a killing off the high dollar
bizjet crowd. It would be nice if our airport was able to maybe siphon off
some of that action.

Aren't you right next to Williams Gateway Airport, the old Williams
AFB? I thought that was already receiving a great deal of traffic,
including overflow from Sky Harbor (which is apparently too big for
its britches today). What's the advantage of using Chandler's
airport?

FWIW, KCHD is currently my home airport in simulation, since I'm from
the area and Sky Harbor is a bit too big for small plane traffic (and
a bit slow in the sim).