Old September 8th 08, 07:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Werner Schmidt

Default Ka8b winch launching

Hello Tony Clark, you wrote at 09.08.2008 06:23

Thus, remember to initially keep the Ka8 stick well forward at the start
of the launch

this hint may help another something: push trimmer straight nose down
before launching does make this more easy. Again, at a safe altitude of
about 50-70 m (150-200 ft) you may take it back to indifferent or
sligtly nose up to make the climbing phase of the winch launch a bit
more easy.

Ka8 is fun in weak thermals; you'll stay airborne when all the glass
ships "fall" back to the ground. But, if trying to speed forward to the
next thermal, it will loose altitude very quickly. Until now, I've flown
(in this order) K13 (our double seater trainer for the beginners), Ka8
(our first single seater trainer), Ka6 and Astir in my Club - and still
mostly love the Ka8.

Regards
Werner