Old December 30th 16, 02:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Proposed 2017 US Competition Rules Changes

On Thursday, December 29, 2016 at 11:28:09 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Feedback to RC members is welcomed and encouraged.

In multiple places the word "nominal" is used such as:

6.12.4 15-Meter Class
6.12.4.1 Nominal wingspan is 15.0 meters.
6.12.2 Multiseat Class
6.12.2.1 Nominal wingspan is 20.0 meters.

It seems to me that the more appropriate word would be "maximum". Or is it just "nominal" here because there is a more in-depth definition of the glider classes that is fully included or specifically referred to elsewhere? [such as a reference to the FAI definitions].

BTW I think the RC did a good job of simplifying a lot of the rules language.

Chris
Chris

Read section 6.9 with respect to measurement of wing span.
UH