Old February 11th 04, 11:06 PM
jls

"Ron Wanttaja" wrote in message
On 10 Feb 2004 21:47:34 GMT, (CW9371) wrote:

What i am saying to you is email him direct.... he cant put on his site
that the engines are crap or he will end up in court, take the time to
send him a short and personal email and see what comes back, then you
will have the word on the engine from the person who has more hours than
anyone else in the world behind the 8 cylinder. Easy....

If the engines are so crappy as u say, he should be able to substatiant

his
comments therefore he can say what he wants about them without getting in
trouble

Doesn't stop him from being sued.

Well, Ron, I guess anybody could get sued for just about anything; but I
doubt any attorney is interested in busting the wallet of some poor bloke
who has already had his a** busted by a klunky aircraft engine.

Just means that, after spending $20,000
or so to defend himself, he might be able to prove what he said was true.

Well, yes, but does it really cost that much to defend words that happen to
be true? I think it really sad that the message may need to be gotten out
about the 6-cylinder Jabiru, and everybody will go mum with fear of a
lawsuit.

On the other hand if the engine is reliable, success will follow.

I personally don't care for an engine that has to turn such high rpm's to
obtain its rated horsepower. It causes you to have to shorten the prop,
when you want the tips out there away from the cowl.

And then have to countersue to try to recover his expenses

If a winning countersuit is available to a slapp victim, then more power to
him, I say.

....and such
recovery would be complicated by the company in question being located in
another country.

Well, here I take a little issue with you. If a foreign company is
permitted to sue here in the USA, then it can post security to cover damages
in a judgment against itself on a counterclaim.

The question remains, is Jabiru manufacturing and selling an engine which is
unsafe for use in aircraft? I have heard some mighty strong statements
about those engines, including reading at least one in
rec.aviation.ultralight. Have any of the critics been sued?

Ron Wanttaja