Old November 9th 18, 12:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Cookie

Default Sgs 2-33 HELP!

The lower you sit, as in a really thin bottom cushion...the more left and right angle you can get on the stick. Move your legs as far to the side as absolutely possible. Push the stick into your leg.

If you can sit farther rearward...as in a really thin back cushion....the stick will be centered closer to your knees...the thinner part of you legs..

If you can get them to do so...aileron gap seals will greatly improve 2-33 aileron response...on tow and during maneuvering...so less stick is needed for the same result.

I've had students with long legs..actually lift up their leg and pass the stick under the knee. I don't recommend this however, as I'm always afraid they'll get the stick stuck on the outside of their leg!

Get through your primary training as fast as you can...and get checked out in a 1-26...(or other glider) the seating position is much better...even for "big" boys...

Cookie

On Thursday, November 8, 2018 at 3:58:08 PM UTC-5, Pat Cernuto wrote:
So I'm a student Pilot at Wurtsboro in NY and need help. My thighs are big..... and it makes slow flight, slips, and keeping wings level almost impossible. In other words, I can't move the ailerons at Slow Speeds. Any cushion setups or help! Thank you!