Old November 14th 18, 01:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default ASW 27 Instrument Panel Texture

On Sunday, November 11, 2018 at 6:26:39 PM UTC-5, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
On Sunday, November 11, 2018 at 12:57:56 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Sunday, November 11, 2018 at 1:33:46 PM UTC-5, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
On Sunday, November 11, 2018 at 9:33:07 AM UTC-8, wrote:
On Sunday, November 11, 2018 at 10:38:48 AM UTC-5, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
On Sunday, November 11, 2018 at 5:05:52 AM UTC-8, wrote:
Best way to handle this issue is to model the panel and components in full 3D.

I have drawn up a lot of my instruments in 3D for my mosquito panel. It would be good if someone hosted a database of 2D and 3D CAD files of all the instruments, panels etc so we didn't need to redraw. I have drawn up the flarm brick, antennae, and several standard instruments that I could share.
Chris

I will post my 3D database (in .STEP format) to DropBox later today. (I can post in native Solidworks too if anyone is interested) I have a model for a Ventus C panel, and an ASW27b panel. For the 27b I designed in a horizontal plate to mount internal instruments like TT22 encoder, flarm, GPS and FLARM antennas, etc.

Matt

Please do post your native SW files too.
Thanks
Chris

Here is the link to the dropbox where asw27b panel is stored: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n1j67ov2a...3qmfA-kHa?dl=0

Let me know if there are any issues. There is a jpeg in there to give you an idea of what you will find in the cad files. Also, you should see the Ventus C panel folder, and a folder that has a popular design I did for wingtip tie-downs on the Ventus. Take off the wingtips, slide in the tie down, flip the lever and you are secure...

Thanks for posting that. BTW what version of Solidworks is it?
Also I could only see the step file and SW files for the 27, not sure if you also wanted to share out the ventus files then you'd need to add another link for those.
Chris

Chris,

It is a mixture of SW 2012 and SW 2018. I think the Ventus is all 2012.

Thanks Matt!