Old November 19th 18, 02:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

Default What is the best point to jack up a Cobra Trailer ?

On Wednesday, November 14, 2018 at 9:14:26 PM UTC-5, AS wrote:
On Wednesday, November 14, 2018 at 2:13:07 PM UTC-5, wrote:
There is a bracket for AL-KO trailers that Cobra uses. This is for a caravan. Should work.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bux1kg7wxCg

Interesting! Looks sturdy but I guess one would need a special jack which 'slots' into the bottom of that bracket. I wonder if a standard jack could be used on the upper horizontal part of the bracket.
I will check the frame on my Cobra trailer this weekend.
Uli
'AS'

Ok - went out to the airport today after almost week of solid rain in the Carolinas to check on the trailer and the frame underneath. There is nothing like the frame shown in the video under my trailer. Maybe it is because I have a double-axle trailer? Anyhow, I guess I will have to place the jack right under the axle tube should I have a flat. However, since I have a TPM-system, that chance is greatly reduced to a sudden, total blow-out. :-)
Uli
'AS'