Old May 5th 10, 02:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Blanche

Default Sure is easy to read this newsgroup!

vaughn wrote:

"Terry" wrote in message
Over the last month I've "kill filed" or "blocked sender" in IE express all
the obvious non-pilot posters. Troll posters AND troll feeders. Only about
10 people left!

I have been doing much the same for years, but the reduction in on-topic
activity is similar across all of the groups I read. For many reasons, the
Usenet has been steadily sickening and dying. The elimination of NNTP access
by most Internet providers is part of the reason, and the terrible spam that
Google chooses to allow via its abysmal Google Groups interface is another.
--
-
Vaughn

No, it's the fact that you can buy a computer at the grocery store and need
no background using a computer - it's now an appliance. Which means those same
rude, ill-mannered people can now trash this electronic environment as
well as the real one.