Old July 29th 05, 12:10 PM
David Odum

Steve DeMoss wrote:

Great photos and descriptions snipped

All right! Glad you're back there, David, since I can't be! I missed your
coverage last year.

Whenever I see your pictures and read your commentary I almost feel like
I'm there. And I probably learn more about the planes and exhibits than if
I were experiencing them myself.

Thanks a bunch for documenting your trip(s) for us!

Steve DeMoss

Thanks Steve. I shouldn't have promised daily updates though. With
the schedule I've forced upon myself here at Oshkosh and my social
commitments at night I'm only getting 4 or 5 hours of sleep per night.
No time to fix-up and post pictures. The first two days of the show
were hot, overcast, and at times stormy. Wednesday and Thursday were
perfect with cooler temperatures and plenty of blue sky. Today
(Friday) promises the same.

Here is a picture of the "Heritage Formation". A rare formation
indeed. P-38 Glacier Girl is trailed by an F-16, a P-51, and an F-4.
This picture was taken near the end of their routine. The F-16 and
P-51 would peal off first, as shown, then Glacier Girl would peal off
left while the F-4 pealed off right. Then, as all four leave air show
center in gentle climbs they perform simultaneous aileron rolls. Good
show guys!

http://www.airplanezone.com/PubDir/IMG_0210bsmcr.jpg (61.5 KB)

David - email: David at AirplaneZone dot com