Old June 27th 18, 05:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Walsh

Default Emergency Exit

At 14:39 27 June 2018, Dan Marotta wrote:
Not to change Dave's thread on leaving the Arcus, I was

intrigued by
Francois' mention of the slippery cockpit floor in the front

cockpit of
the Numbus 4DM.Â* I've noticed that in most single seaters

I've flown and
I'm happy to say that my Stemme is fully carpeted to the

forward
bulkhead which makes for better traction when climbing

out. It still
takes a lot of upper body strength and, at 70 years old, I'm

working out
3 days per week to try to keep some of that.

Everyone, please make every exit after a flight a simulated

exit. Locate
those jettison handles, but don't actuate them.Â* Raise the

canopy
normally and then bail out.Â* Release that belt, rise up, and

roll over
the side.Â* You should have enough slack in oxygen and

water hoses to not
stretch them.Â* But please practice!
--
Dan, 5J

Or, of course, you could just fly a DG with their NOAH
system? It seems a pity that more manufacturers do not
offer NOAH given the age of many pilots...
I had one in a DG808C and although I never had cause to
use it I miss it.
Dave W