Old January 5th 04, 05:14 PM
S Narayan

"SD" sdatverizondot.net@ wrote in message
Well, tonight will go in my book as something that I will never
forget. Tonight I learned a valuable lesson and was able to live to
tell about it. As a lurker here for many years, I have come to enjoy
reading about people's experiences and try to learn from their
mistakes. So tonight I am posting my experience in hopes that someone
else can learn from me.

Thanks, one of the things I have learnt is to never fly a plane whose
avionics you are not proficient with. There was a time when the primary
radio was on the Garmin 430 and I had a tough time with the squelch etc.
Spent half an hour on the ground before I could get it the way I wanted. GPS
equipment appears to be the worst in terms of distraction.