Old August 5th 05, 07:56 AM
Paul

JJ Sinclair wrote:
Paul,
Check your CG on the LS-7, bet its about 50% of allowable range. Most
standard class ships should be flown around 85%. A nose heavy ship will
require constant tugging on the pole and lead you to believe it wants
to be flown faster.

Hi John

Yes, I am close to 105 kg with a chute, so the CG would be well forward.
I did fly it with 3l of water in the tail tank on the advise of a very
experienced instructor, whilst I thought it handled better, I was still
ending up too fast. Anyway I have now spent most of the winter (in a
different glider) forcing my self to thermal slowly, so hopefully it
will pay dividends , once the summer gets going.

Cheers

Paul