Old October 13th 19, 12:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike N.

Default Replacing ELT, PLB with current tech.

I am looking to update my ELT and PLB.

I have a fixed ELT on my glider, it's an early 2000's era, and I also have a similar era PLB that is supposed to strap to a parachute, but frankly it is somewhat bulky.

What are the current generation PLB / ELT for gliding?

I'd like to get a single compact parachute attached device.

I have not researched this lately but have heard that some providers of active spot tracking type locators are increasing subscription pricing?

Looking for recommendations and reviews from those who may have used the available services.

Thanks
Mike