Old November 7th 03, 04:55 PM
Anonymo421

Default Why do you buy Snap-on tools?

Snap-On tools are worth the price hands down. Anyone that really needs to
rely on tools knows that they are the best. I was a Tech for about 14 years
and have seen the difference. 80% of my tools are Snap-On and the other 20%
is between Mac and Matco tools. Yes I have plenty of Craftsman tools as
well, but don't consider them to be anything more then sub-standard. They
are fine when working on your average home chores, taking the LAwn Mower
apart, working on the house and other average needs, but when going under
the hood of a car/truck.....then I switch to the professional brand.

Gee, I built a GM engine for an old camaro about 10 years ago using only
Craftsman tools (well, I did buy whatever was in the Pep Boys bargain bin to
fill the gaps). Guess what...I didn't break a single tool or fastener, and the
engine runs fine to this day. Now maybe theSnap-on guy comes to you when you
break a tool, but AFAIK Craftsman still has the eternal guaranty on all their
hand tools (I wouldn't know for sure--none of mine have ever broken). I'm sure
Snap-on makes a quality product, but I've never heard a compelling reason to
choose them over the local Sears product.