Old November 7th 03, 10:38 PM
O-ring Seals

On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 18:50:50 GMT,
(Corky Scott) wrote:

On 07 Nov 2003 16:55:12 GMT,
(Anonymo421) wrote:
I've never heard a compelling reason to
choose them over the local Sears product.

I can give you one compelling reason why you MIGHT NOT want to buy
Snap-on over Craftsman, besides the exhorbitant cost.

Their shiny smooth finish makes them more slippery to handle when
under the hood than a wrench with some upraised or unpolished surface.

Corky Scott

PS, my father in law told me about returning a huge socket he broke
when he reefed on it using a six foot cheater pipe. He handed it to
the salesguy who told him to go get another. My father in law asked
him if he didn't want to hear how he broke it, thinking that his use
of excessive force would negate the warranty. Nope, the guy said, all
I need is the broken socket.

Anyone know what happened to Plomb and Proto? I know they are no
longer available, but I do have quite a few in my tool chests. I
recall that in my high school auto shop class that all of the hand
tools were Proto.
Just curious.

O-ring Seals