Old September 15th 14, 02:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

Default V7 screen freezing

On Sunday, September 14, 2014 12:54:15 PM UTC-7, Alan Montague wrote:
I had this problem, Uros was unable to solve it. He sent me a replacement

V7 that did the same. I tried disconnecting everything to no avail. It

happened more often in very hot weather. When I changed my glider's

batteries this year from 14 volts to 12 volts the problem went away. It

seems to work continuously now.

The manual says "10-16 volts DC" input and I wonder if my hot battery was

producing a voltage close to the upper limit.

Alan

At 17:03 06 September 2014, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:

On Wednesday, September 3, 2014 1:24:06 PM UTC-7, Tom (2NO) wrote:

Has anyone else had an issue with a V7 freezing in place for a few

seconds? The sound cuts out at the same with the data being display but

not

changing.

My Clearnav vario is still working so I do not think it is an air

issue.

I am running the attest firmware- no flarm alerts

Alan,

Please give me a call. There is a solution to this problem

Richard
www.craggyaero.com