Old April 24th 06, 01:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default IAP without inbound course?

Not a bad skill to brush up on during an IPC or something. I usually
start doing them about 10 DME from the VOR once I'm in the grove turn
inwards to 8 DME and try again, going successively closer until you're
really cranking around.

I've never had to fly one in real life though.

Robert

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:
"Jose" wrote in message
news
Then count me in. I was never taught the procedure; I asked here some
time ago and practiced it on my own. However, my training is not
"seriously lacking". The DME arcs were not around much (DME was not in
the aircraft either) when I took my training. I've kept up, but one
cannot keep up with what one does not know to keep up with, and some of
those things are obscure "gotchas".

DME arcs were much more common years ago than they are today.