Old March 4th 13, 02:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default PowerFLARM News Updates on my FLARM web page

Hi Brian,

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure I completely understand your note below. I
think we are using different terminology. I'm not suggesting that I'm using
correct terminology, only that it is not clear to me what you are looking
for. Below is my best shot at answering your questions.

By "listcode" do you mean the PowerFLARM configuration text file? There are
example (and well commented) PowerFLARM configuration files available using
the 2 links below. Most customers start with one of these files and make
only minor changes to the files for their particular glider.
http://powerflarm.us/manuals-softwar...release-notes/
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/flarm.htm (near the top of the page) This one
is a slightly modified version of the one above.

I don't know what the "Dump Codes" are. But you can find complete and
detailed port protocol documents he
http://powerflarm.us/manuals-softwar...release-notes/ at the
bottom of the page.

The PowerFLARM display has its own firmware. The FlarmNet files are stored
on the Butterfly display. To update the firmware in the Butterfly display
or transfer a FlarmNet file to the Butterfly you need a special serial
cable. I have the cable here and can do the upgrade for you here. However,
it is my understanding that the next version of PowerFLARM firmware will
make it possible to upgrade the Butterfly display firmware and FlarmNet file
by putting the files onto a memory card or USB Flash drive and connected to
the PowerFLARM unit. Therefore, the serial cable will no longer be needed
very soon.

Much of the data information you are looking for is in the product manuals
which are available he
http://powerflarm.us/manuals-softwar...release-notes/

I'll be glad to add more "Tips" to my FLARM web site based on your
suggestions.

Feel free to ask detailed questions here or call me sometime.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
__________________________________

"brianDG303" wrote in message

Paul,
I have just started down the road of updating my Powerflarm gear for the
season. It could not be more arcane. I am making a list of information
sources and I wonder if you know of a list of the Dump Codes, the ones that
are returned when you put the listcode into the USB drive.

Also I am struggling to understand the difference between the data stored
and used by the Butterfly display as opposed to the Powerflarm, the cables
needed to update the Butterfly, and similar odd bits of information. Are
there information site with that information or is it a giant Easter egg
hunt through RAS?

Thank you,
Brian