Old March 5th 13, 05:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default PowerFLARM News Updates on my FLARM web page

Hi Andy,

The limited time of the free upgrade was in the official note that FLARM
sent to dealers. Your dealer should have passed that along to you. The
upgrades are still available after May 31st, but it would cost you $100 plus
shipping and handling. The fee is there to strongly encourage PowerFLARM
Portable owners to upgrade their units ASAP. The pilot is less safe without
the upgrade as the range is better with the upgrade. FLARM also used the
word "mandatory" upgrade. I think it is great that it is a completely free
upgrade. They are paying for shipping both ways and are even giving
customers a free USB to memory card adapter as a way of thanking customers
for taking the time to do the upgrade.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"Andy" wrote in message

On Sunday, March 3, 2013 2:36:25 PM UTC-7, Paul Remde wrote:
Hi, I have pulled together the latest PowerFLARM news and put it onto my
FLARM web page.

That site states "The upgrade must be completed by May 31, 2013. After that
date the upgrade will cost $100 plus shipping and handling."

What was the source of this information. I own a portable as was not
advised of this restriction.

thanks

Andy