Old April 7th 07, 09:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Dreaming STARS

On 2 Apr 2007 06:35:11 -0700, "
wrote:

On 23 mar, 16:11, "Stan Prevost" wrote:
Sorry, I don't have (or know) a concise explanation of the relationship
between the RNAV requirements and RNP requirements. I was just pointing out
a recent change. Here are some references.

RNAV usually means B-RNAV which is "aircraft must not deviate more
than 5 NM from the route during 95% of time".
So B-RNAV=RNP 5.
we begin to see RNP 2 and RNP 1 for more accurancy (RNP1=P-RNAV,
precision-RNAV).
SID/STAR are usually RNP 1 already in Europe. Enroute are RNP 5 or 2.
RNP1 can not be flown safely by a human being. So expect radar vectors
for departure/arrival

Thanks Fred. So if BRNAV is RNP 5, why use the term BRNAV?
While I've heard of PRNAV, I've not seen that one **needs** RNP 1 in
order to be PRNAV approved, Similarly, I don't think in the US
operators will need RNP1 or 2 approval to fly the new RNAV 1 or 2
sids/stars. All very murky to me.. Stan