Old October 2nd 17, 06:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default transfer/ doublesdied tape.

On Friday, September 29, 2017 at 2:52:02 PM UTC-4, john firth wrote:
Mylar seals continue to come loose from my PIK.
Some have been there for some years and leave a yellowish residue of dried
adhesive which can be easily scraped off as a powder;other sections have the carrying film left behind and a sticky adhesive layer on the wing; this needs solvent for removal.
At least two types of double sided tape have been used; one from W and W
came with a roll of mylar; the other source was a stationary supply store
product. Recently I found a dispenser of double sided film trade mark "Studio".
This is el cheapo and not to be trusted.

Any good brand experiences with double sided adhesive film?
It is always the mylar face which lets go.

I have till Sat to make a choice when replacing three lost sections.

cheers

JMF

Regarding specialty adhesive removers. I notice there is different 3M product that may remove silicone as well as other adhesives. I've never used it myself:
https://www.amazon.com/3M-38984-Spec...GQJ88R5766538R