Old June 12th 19, 02:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
GliderCZ

Default Softie Parachute for Schleicher gliders with a seat back cutout

When last I went for a regular inspection, my rigger deemed my harness not-airworthy due to corrosion on the fittings and sweat/wear on the straps. At his suggestion, I purchased a new container and harness from the manufacturer. The rigger then transferred my 15-year-old canopy from the old container into the new. He says he has no problems with canopies several decades old, as long as they're undamaged.

Price of a new harness and container is well less than half that of a new chute.