Old March 30th 17, 07:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Maxim Magazine soaring article

On Thursday, March 30, 2017 at 10:50:28 AM UTC-4, BobW wrote:
On 3/29/2017 9:54 PM, Eric Greenwell wrote:
BobW wrote on 3/29/2017 6:52 PM:
P.S. Here's my generic summary of the Perlan II Project relating to the
sailplane and how it's arrived at its present state, for readers perhaps
not so familiar with the story...

Perlan II was started and almost completed under Steve Fossett's
financial sponsorship.

The Perlan II was an incomplete design and just molds at the time of
Fossett's death. Not even a fuselage had been built.

Thanks for the correction. The folks behind Perlan II have traveled a long,
torturous path, and my generic summary was working entirely from memory.

Bob W.

That 'interim financial support' from another 'Fossett-like' individual I believe was Dennis Tito.