Old November 21st 08, 12:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
B A R R Y[_2_]

Default The "darker side" of flying (Night Landings) with ATC COMS -Video

wrote:

Somewhat true on the no movement. You have to be careful if ATC gives
you a heading that you match up the turn with the instruction. In
that case, I get the heading change, prompt myself "camera on for
heading 220", turn the camera on and make the turn. This ensures that
the movement / turn / bank of the cowling is in sync with the
instruction. Or in my no gyro video, that the instruction matched up
with the instrumentation values.

Good point.

I have 60 minutes available on the camera, and lots more on a voice
recorder, so I figured I'd just leave it on and splice later. The
camera is a Flip Mino. I convinced my wife that she needed to buy one
with _her_ spending money. ;^) I'm playing with ways to mount it to my
headset, the support rod on the side of the glareshield, the right seat
back, or suctioned to the left side window.

I would have LOVED to have the AWOS audio on the PVC video.