Old March 27th 07, 08:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Newps

Default How do controllers coordinate clearances through sectors?

Robert M. Gary wrote:

So, last night my updated direct clearance affected my route through 4
controller's airspace ( I have 4 handoffs since). Did the issuing
controller have to call all 4 of those controllers before giving me
the clearance?
-Robert

If a controller has to make a landline call because he isn't able to
update the computer he only calls the next sector. He wouldn't have any
idea what guy to call after that and probably isn't able to anyways.