Old October 8th 04, 11:37 PM
Jim Rosinski

Default High Voltage

Probably way past due for me to post something not off-topic...

Today while descending from a leaf-watching flight at 13K down to 5K,
the "high voltage" indicator flickered for about a minute and then
went out. It has never done that before. I forgot that a useful
procedure is to cycle the alternator half of the master switch so I
cannot report a result of having done that. Throughout, alternator
readings were fine, and battery water levels checked fine after the
flight. A brand new voltage regulator was installed 3 years ago.

Thanks in advance for any advice on what might be wrong, or
appropriate further courses of action (obviously talking to my
mechanic is high on the list). The airplane is a 1972 Skyhawk. BTW,
googling for "high voltage" gave some useful results, but inadequate
so I thought posting would be appropriate.

Jim Rosinski

Off-topic aside: I recently completed a leaf-watching drive around
Colorado and posted the pics at
www.burningserver.net/rosinski/FallColors2004