Old November 21st 04, 12:21 PM
Janusz Kesik

Użytkownik "smjmitchell" napisał w
wiadomości u...
Janusz,

Could I ask if you know how many hours it takes the SZD factory to build a
Jantar or any of the other composite gliders they produce ? Where do the
composite materials (fiber, resin and core) come from, the Easter bloc or
from the West ???

Steve

Hello Steve,

I have sent an email to a person who might know something on the amount of
working hours needed to produce a Jantar or Junior. When I'll get a reply,
I'll send it here immediately. If we talk of the materials used, I think
they may be produced locally at least some of them, but it has no serious
importance I believe as these materials first have to be certifed ones, and
if they wouldn't have met the requirements, they wouldn't appear in the
workshop. Second, since we got rid of the communism and the hand-directed
economy and now we have a free market competition, the worse would lose
simply. Third, many of these materials may be produced locally under all
round the world known brands just like the Bayer and if they were worse, it
would expose this brand's reputation on a serious risk, and they wouldn't do
that. They simply must be same good as those used in the German gliders,
which are often finished with cheaper gelcoat instead of the crack-resistant
polyurethane paint which is a standard finish in case of SZD gliders.

With kindest regards,

--
Janusz Kesik
Poland