Old August 7th 06, 07:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
588

Default cloud flying regulations

T o d d P a t t i s t wrote:

That raised the question of whether you could ever get an
IFR clearance in a glider that couldn't hold altitude -
maybe a cruise clearance? The other option seemed to be a
waiver and a Letter of Agreement to get a block of airspace
similar to a wave window. I think the latter would be a
first, but given that glider cloudflying is legal in many
other countries, it might be possible to set it up.

The issuing of block altitude clearances to powered aircraft was not
unusual in my IFR experience (through 2002), often ad hoc without
prior written or other pre-planned arrangements.

Would it be so different fro a glider?

Jack