Old September 24th 06, 06:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Montblack[_1_]

Default Cessna 150 with STOL comments requested

("wise purchaser" wrote)
I hold the airplane in ground effect untill the very end of the runway to
clear a 4 feet high Barbed wire fence then start a SLOW climb. ( by the
way, after the barb wire fence is a 2000 foot wide flat pasture that is
owned by my neighbor; all I have to do is get over the fence and I am all
right plenty of open space to set down on!!)

I would ask the neighbor if it were alright to install (two) 30-ft sliding
gates.

The things roll on wheels - off to each side. Put down some cattle/deer
grates, if you like - for when the fence is open. Use a timer (or a garage
door remote) to close the fence after you're clear.

There, now you have open access to all of that open space.

Montblack ---- too much fun!
Or: The fence section could be held up by some weight(s). Get an old
boat-trailer winch, some 1/2 inch flex tubing or PVC (to bury next to the
runway), 1,400 ft of (550) parachute cord, a couple of pulleys, and about 10
hinges for the base of the fence posts... $200 tops.

For the visual, think Batmobile exiting the Batcave at the start of each
episode.
http://www.1966batmobile.com/cave.jpg