Old January 17th 20, 03:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Glider repair health issues?

On Tuesday, January 14, 2020 at 4:10:16 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I have worked with fiberglass grinding dust and harsh chemicals like acrylic Urethane, lacquer thinner, etc. for the past 44 years, so I faked a chronic cough in order to get a CT scan. Just met with a Pulmonologist and got a clean bill of health! Heart, lungs, kidney and liver all look pretty good for this 85 year old specimen who quit smoking 38 years back. X-ray confirmed a screwed up spine thanks to Martin-Baker, but they saved my bacon 53 years ago, so hats off to them! The Doc told me that fiberglass dust is too course to cause problems in the lungs and harsh chemicals attack the liver and brain. My liver is OK ...................I’ll leave it to others to comment on my brains, but I’m still racing..............4th place last year!
Life is good,
JJ

Really good outlook for JJ.
That said, we who do this work should be using dust masks and especially the correct air supply when spraying urethane.
JJ- How about better than 4th in 2020.
UH