Old February 2nd 13, 07:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bill D

Default Question about spoilers and pitch stability

On Saturday, February 2, 2013 11:32:46 AM UTC-7, kirk.stant wrote:
I read the FAA PTS requirement as demonstrating the use of slips to steepen the approach, not as requiring landing without using drag devices.

Kirk

66

Yep, Most DPE's have figured out a 'slip to landing' is a 2-33 specific maneuver and it's insane to try it in a slippery glass glider. I know of a DG505 which was totaled attempting it.