Old January 26th 04, 10:01 PM
Olivers

Kristan Roberge muttered....

How often do you strike 4 pounds of bird? Other than ducks and geese,
I can't think of many 4 pound birds you might run a plane into.

For years - back when a/c ranges were more limited than today's birds, the
USN operated a/c (landbased and "seaplanes")out of scenic Midway I., where
the local frigate birds/albatross ran a few bits over 4 pounds. In the US,
with so many airports having been built adjacent to water...JFK, LGW, DCA,
to name a prominent few, migratory ducks and geese are regular airport
visitors. Several old SAC bases could have pheasant "On Final" and
crossing departure runways.

"TUSIABP"*

*The US is a "birdy" place....

TMO