Old July 19th 06, 02:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
ktbr

Default High fuel prices = buyer's market?

Greg Copeland wrote:
Anyone care to speculate on what fuel prices will do to the plane market
over the next four or five months? As prices rise do you think this will
create good opportunity for buyers? That is to say, planes placed on the
market because they can't afford to pay for fuel?

Yes, I will throw in my $.02.... There are a lot of planes on the
market right now and that does make it more of a buyers market,
although some LSA and two seaters are not a bargain IMHO.

One reason is that people that are marginally able to really afford
an airplane in the first place (and probably can't afford to fly much
anyway) are deciding to sell because of the higher fuel prices.
Another is the overall aging of the pilot population... a guy gets
older, flys less and finally the high prices precipitate the decision
to sell.

There are some great bargains to be had out there. Just as when world
crisis causes the stock market to tank thus opening up great bargains
for those with some cash handy, this is a great opportunity for those
with the where-with-all to take advantage of it. When things turn around
again (and they will) the LSA aircraft will not hold their current
values.