Old December 27th 16, 05:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Default SPOT GEN3 vs. GEN1?

On Tuesday, December 27, 2016 at 8:41:55 AM UTC-8, Dave Nadler wrote:
My two cents: I had problems with spot. Got an inreach and have been delighted; only problem is on-switch is not well-enough protected/recessed to prevent battery run-down if carelessly tossed in a bag of random junk.
See ya, Dave

Like others I dropped SPOT for InReach and am happy with it.
Don't see battery life as a problem: Lasts more than a week of average soaring days and is rechargeable with a micro USB cable.
Dave, there was a bug in one version that caused InReach to start up too easily. Try updating it (currently v1.4.9.8229) and see if that helps.
Jim