Old July 20th 04, 01:41 AM
Matt Whiting

Matt Whiting wrote:

How old was Dr. Atkins when he died recently?

Looks like about 72. He was older than me, but he wasn't around in
the public light until long after I grew up. See below:

Correct. He'd also had heart trouble prior to his fall. My grandfather
ate bread, butter and jam or peanut butter after every supper. He ate
ice cream every evening. Ate meat (beef mostly) and potatoes all his
life. Was never in a hospital until donated blood to a friend when he
was in his 70s. Lived to be 94.

Let me see. Lots of carbs and 94 or Atkins and heart disease before 72.
Such a tough decision....

Matt